- My most amazing accomplishment is, of course, my little pickle. She started the year crawling, being spoon fed and kicking up the most amazing fuss at bedtime. Now she walks, runs, feeds herself, speaks many words (my favourite being 'Tuddles' when she wants a cuddle), goes to bed like a big girl and is generally just a joy to be around, even in the midst of a tantrum. I love her so much more than I thought possible.
- My love for my darling Jomp's has changed as pickle has grown. We are closer than ever with a growing understanding and patience of each others faults. He is my world.
- I worked hard at further developing my relationships with my step children as they grow towards adulthood, accepting that they are not perfect and nor would they be, even if they were mine!
- I went back to work part-time. I was always a career girl but no more. I don't get on with my new boss but needs must so I'll stick with it and keep my mouth shut.
- I have taken on and conquered my fear of socks, even trying short row heels and toe up socks.
- I have made new knitting friends through Ravelry, many blogs and SP11. Long may these friendships continue.
- I have moved far far away from the acrylic that I was perfectly happy with. Now I prefer cashmere, dishcloth cotton and merino.
So, what about 2008?
I'm sure there are many things I should try to change about myself but as I approach 35 (OMG! in 3 days time!!) I'm starting to be comfortable with who I am and accept that I cannot change what's inside me.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year, thank you for your friendships during my first year of blogging and I hope 2008 brings you that you wish for.
See you next year!