- mutterings & musings about my adventures into the world of knitting and all things woolly!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bits and Bobs!

I've been meaning to post all week but I've felt pants all week. Nothing in particular, a bad headache for the last week and overwhelmingly tired, too tired to knit even! I was beginning to think I might be pregnant until Jomps started showing the same symptoms! We've decided it must be the doctors old favourite, "a virus"! Why is it that all GP's diagnose a virus when they don't know what else it is?


Anyway, this post has no direction and lots of 'bits and bobs' to talk about!


On Tuesday evening, I went out again! It was my friends hen night and as she's pregnant she didn't want a boozy night clubbing, thank God cos I'm too old for all that! I think she thought we'd have a quiet meal but no, we all had other plans! Instead, 10 of us went to see 'Puppetry of the Penis'. I have to say it was very very funny but really there are only so many ways that a man can bend his bits! Jomps asked if it was in any way sexual, the answer is a resounding no! Definitely not the females equivalent of a strip club!


In SP11 news, my downstream pal received her parcel last week and seems to like it. She has even guessed who I am since I'm on her blog roll and I stupidly left something with my name on it in the parcel! What a dunce! Anyway, my pal is Lou over at Enchilada Sunrise. Check it out to see pics of what I sent!


I've been trying to work on the CPH but it's slow going as I just seem to have lost my knitting karma a little. Perhaps it's just because I'm under the weather? I do hope so! I'm also supposed to be working on a secret project for my Secret Pal that I wanted to send in October's parcel but there's no way I'm going to get that finished in time either!


And now I shall declare that I am indeed the saddest person on this planet, nay, in the universe! You remember that my upstream SP11 pal sent me a dishcloth that she knit whilst on the treadmill? Well, it has sat on the arm of the chair and I kept looking at it, not wanting to use it, it being my first handmade gift that anyone has ever given me! Well, I am a convert! Gone are the days of crappy old blue J-cloths, I am in love with my knitted dishcloth! There's just so much more 'substance' to it. If you haven't tried one yet, give it a go!


Oh, one more thing.. nip on over to Queen of the Froggers and leave a comment as she's donating 5p per comment during the whole of October to Cancer Research UK as it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A fantastic and very generous idea! Which reminds me, I must learn how to check myself...do you? We must!

3 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

ahhh knitted dishclothes - just the best aren't they? - and you can boil them up to make them properly clean....... and when they're old and tired they're great for the floor too!!! (and bathroom!) - Love 'em. Hope you feel better soon.

Linda said...

Thank you for the mention on your blog x I have a knitted dishcloth too that just sits there looking pretty! I still don't want to use it!

Jo028 said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, I NEED to see your completed CPH! I've not grapsed the knitted dishcloth thing, but I used to question 'why would anyone knit socks?', so there' still time I suppose :)