- mutterings & musings about my adventures into the world of knitting and all things woolly!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Spaghetti anyone?



Doesn't look very appetising does it?



I have spent 8 hours, yes 8 hours, today unravelling this bl**dy mess! I had hoped to try dying some self striping sock yarn this afternoon. So last night I set up my skein, 405 inches long, down the hallway, over the stair gate and into the kitchen. yarn everywhere!
Before I knew it there were tangles everywhere you looked. And this is not the first time it's happened!
I NEED A NIDDY NODDY!!! Wouldn't you agree?

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh nooooo. I hate it when yarn gets tangled so much knitting time wasted.
All these food related posts make me hungry!
I made a pretty good niddy noddy from those cardboard tubes wrapping paper comes on. I'm too cheap to buy a real one.
Hope your knotty nightmare is all untangled soon.

Linda said...

That is a nightmare, I know, been there a few times!! I hope you got it sorted.

Auntie Noo said...

Nope that's definitely not funny!!! and yes you could use a niddy noddy - maybe also a swift????

Jo028 said...

OH NO! that would be in the bin if it were mine! Good luck if you decide to untangle it!!