- mutterings & musings about my adventures into the world of knitting and all things woolly!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Socks...socks...and more socks!

Considering that I have a bizarre dislike of feet, even my own, I am curiously obsessed with socks. All I seem to knit are socks. When I'm not knitting, I spend hours looking at pictures of socks that other people have produced. Or it's hours conjuring up wish lists chocka block of sock yarn, preferably hand dyed, hand painted. Then I have to whittle the list of potential patterns for each particular yarn down to one or two. After trying each pattern out and disliking the effect I have to spend more hours looking for another pattern! This coming from the woman who has only knit 2 pairs of socks!


Make that 2 and a half pairs!









The 1st Jaywalker in Posh Yarn Sophia is finished! Must cast on the 2nd one!


Anyway, back to the obsession....I now have added to my sock repertoire - following on from attempt at dyeing, I keep finding myself daydreaming about colour combinations to try! I'm waiting for a big box of Kool-Aid to arrive then I will crack on. I'm really looking forward to trying to green/blue combo's.


Which reminds me. Jomps has said he wants some cashmere socks after helping to wind the 2nd skein of the Sophia into a ball. Must go look!!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Beautiful Jaywalker! You know, I hate feet too, but I love knitting socks. I never thought about that before!

Hawkesley said...

Your Jaywalker sock looks lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing your results from your Kool Aid dyeing.

Put a Sock in it said...

Nice sock! I abandoned my attempt at Jaywalkers because they were knitting up so big, but I do like the pattern.

Love the yarn in your previous entry! :)

Put a Sock in it