- mutterings & musings about my adventures into the world of knitting and all things woolly!

Sunday, August 05, 2007

My favourite waste of time

You know, I spend an awful amount of time reading other people's blogs. And, invariably, after 3 hours of looking at beautiful objects people have knitted, I wonder why I don't have anything to show off on my blog.

Clearly, apart from the obvious time spent blogging, there must be other reasons why I don't get as much knitting done as I might like?

This is the first reason. Please excuse the absolutely horrific picture of me and my fat arms! I wanted to show you my beautiful step-daughter learning how to 'purl'! She and her brother are with us for lots of the summer holiday and I think she decided 'if you can't beat em, join em!' Her nan has taught her how to knit and she looks so awkward but she tries really hard. She was getting a bit bored with 'knit' every row so she asked me to teach her how to purl... she took to it like a duck to water! Her needles were flying much faster than mine do on a purl row and not a dropped stitch in sight!! I like to think it was the way I taught her but it's probably coincidence!

However, spending time with her did mean that I got very very little of my own knitting done! The constant 'I think I've gone wrong' comments did sort of hamper my attempts at the toe-up sock. I've already frogged the first sock as it was too big although it had taken me to the heel to decide it was too big!

And here is my most favouritest waste of time.....completely unsolicited pics of my baby girl on her first day out at the beach today and in the garden!

If I spent just a little less time marvelling at how wonderful and amazing she is, and more time knitting, I'd get so much more done..... but then again, I can't think of a better way to spend my day!

No comments: