- mutterings & musings about my adventures into the world of knitting and all things woolly!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

My lovely husband

Is indeed lovely. Why else would I have married him? He's gorgeous, he makes me laugh, he scratches my back in the most perfect way only he knows how, he gave me our beautiful Pickle and he likes to cook a mean roast dinner!

What more could a girl want?

Ummm.... someone with smaller feet perhaps? He has enormous feet, size 11!

Ummm... someone who dislikes hand-knit socks? He is a total convert now he has a pair of his own!

Ummm... someone who is not so hard on their socks? My lovely Jomps' asked for some Cashmere socks, chose the yarn and even paid for it! I did explain that socks made from 100% Cashmere would not be very hard wearing and would be house socks but he still wanted them. So I made them:


Pattern: Boyfriend Socks by Alice Bell
Yarn: Sophia 4ply Posh yarn. Colourway: Shadows
Size: UK11!
Knit for: My Lovely Husband
Comments: I love these socks! I love this yarn! They are much shorter than I would have liked but each skein is only 55g and we only bought two, due to the cost. Thankfully I knit them from the toe-up and knit til I ran out of yarn.

You can see in the pics that there is already some piling present where Jomp's insists on wearing them with shoes. The stitch definition isn't so crisp as it once was as they hardly ever leave his feet.

But, I don't care about the piling, or the fact I have to hand wash them, or even the fact that he wears them til they are practically crawling on their own. Because he loves them!

He says he not only loves them because they fit well, and because they are the softest socks in the world. He says he loves them because I knit them. Because he watched me knit them. Because he knows how much hard work and love went into them.

And for that, I love him. He can have as many pairs of hand knit socks as he likes!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely socks for a lovely husband

MandellaUK said...

Yes, he's a keeper and he certainly deserves his socks.

Cheryl in AZ said...

Most definitely a keeper. It is a rare man who truly appreciates the love and effort that go into something like this. So glad you got yourself one too!!! :)

Not only do I have a DH that is like this, I am training his wonderful sons in the same vein, and it is working quite well. :)
Teenage boys that request hand knit hats, gloves, and socks. I really can't even keep up with the requests. Thank goodness my dear friend Rachael is willing to knit socks for Me, else I wouldn't have any. :)

Linda said...

What a lovely man! the socks are great, I have yat to knit for my husband.

Fiona Reynolds said...

It's a bugger when partners with big feet decide they love hand made socks! ;-)

Knitted Gems said...

Hi IS a good husband!

Liz said...

Awh! That's proper true love! Happy birthday for last week!